About Jersey Central Power & Light
Jersey Central Power and Light is part of the First Energy Company. They serve more than 1.1 million people around the northern and central parts of the state. First Energy Corp. was first started in 1997 and now it is among the largest investor-owned electric utilities. They provide electric services to retail and wholesale services.
How to Pay Jersey Central Power and Light Bill
Jersey Central Power & Light offers several payment options to pay the utility bill. You can make your payment, by following these methods below:
Pay Jersey Central Power and Light Bill by Online Method:
- Through the online payment method is very easy to make the payment. To make the payment you must have to register for the Jersey Central Power & Light online account. If you already completed your registration process, you need to follow these instructions as mentioned below:
- You have to go to this link firstenergycorp.com
- Then, on the provided field, input your Username and Password.
- After providing your log-in details, select the Login option.
- After that, simply follow the steps further to make your bill payment.
Pay Jersey Central Power and Light Bill by KUBRA EZ-Pay:
- You can choose to pay your Jersey Central Power & Light bill by KUBRA EZ Pay. This allows the customer to make payment online using the MasterCard, Visa, America Express, Diners Club credit/debit card. To make the payment follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link secure8.i-doxs.net/firstenergy.
- On the respected fields, enter the account number and zip code.
- After providing the required instructions, select the Look Up option.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your bill payment.
Jersey Central Power and Light Bill by Phone:
Jersey Central Power and Light allows the customers to pay their utility bills over the phone. You can make the payment right from your financial institute or from your bank account. You need to dial 877-204-2207 to make payment. For making the payment over the phone, follow the on-call instructions.
Pay Jersey Central and Light Bill in Person:
- You can make payment for the utility bill in person. By using cash, you can easily pay your utility bill. You can visit the official locations for your bill payment. You have to follow these instructions below:
- You need to go to this link firstenergycorp.com
- Provide your zip code on the respected field.
- It will show you your available payment agents in your area.
Pay Jersey Central Power and Light Bill by Mail:
You can use the traditional mail method to pay your utility bill. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Jersey Central Power and Light. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your utility account number on your payment check. You need to send your payment stub to this address below:
P.O. Box 3687 Akron
How the Penalty Fees Work
- There are several fees that you have to pay with the Jersey Central Power and Light bill. These are the following fees that you have to pay:
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot make your bill payment within the due date, you have to pay the late payment. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 1.5% of the past due balance.
- Returned Check Charges: If your payment check is returned by the financial institution due to insufficient balance, then you have to pay the returned check fees of $10.
What to Do If you Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you cannot make the bill payment for any financial reason, contact the customer service department. They will explain to you some of their payment assistance program, which will help you to pay your bill. These are the available payment assistance program for the Jersey Central Power and Light:
- Extended Due Date: This company allows its customers to extend their payment date once per month. Here will get a little bit of extra time to pay your utility bill.
- Extended Payment Arrangement: It will help to prevent the electric service shut off due to non-payment.
- Military Deferred Payment: If your family member is on active duty and you are facing a financial crisis, then you can apply for this program.
Jersey Central Power and Light Contact Info
For any queries regarding the Jersey Central Power and Light bill payment, contact the customer service department.
Outages: 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877)
Ohio Edison: 1-800-633-4766
Toledo Edison: 1-800-447-3333
Met Ed: 1-800-545-7741
Jersey Central Power & Light: 1-800-662-3115