About Alabama Power
Alabama Power is an electric utility company based in the southern United States. The headquarter of this company is located in Birmingham, Alabama. They serve over 1.4 million consumers within the two theirs of Alabama. It is one of the 4 US utility operators. Southern Company is the parent company to the Alabama Power. It is considered to be the largest taxpayer within Alabama. It is a tax-paying utility and an investor-owned company.
How to Pay Alabama Power Bill
Alabama Power offers several payment options to pay the electric bill. If you want to pay your Alabama Power electric bill, then you can simply follow these payment options below:
Pay Alabama Power Bill via Online Method:
- The online payment method is very easy to make the payment. But first, you need to register your online account. If you completed the registration, you need to follow these instructions as mentioned below:
- You have to visit this link alabamapower.com.
- There, on the right side of the page, click on the Login option.
- Then, provide your registered username and password in the login section.
- After that, simply click on the Login option.
- Once you get access to the portal, you can very easily make your payment.
Pay Alabama Power Bill by Phone:
Alabama Power allows its customers to pay their bills over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 1-800-245-2244 from your phone. You need to follow the on-call instruction to make the payment. You can use your credit card or debit card to make the payment.
Pay Alabama Power Bill by BillMatrix:
- You can also pay your Alabama electric bill through BillMatrix. To make the payment through BillMatrix, you will require your Alabama Power account number. You need to follow these to make your payment:
- Simply go to this link webpayments.billmatrix.com
- Then, provide your Alabama Power Account number and email address (optional).
- After that, you need to select the Continue button to proceed further.
Pay Alabama Power Bill in Person:
- You can pay your power bill at the nearest convenient locations, such as CVS, Publix, Walmart, Dollar General, and Regions Bank. Throughout the US, there are more than 2,500 authorized payment locations. In order to find your nearest payment center, you can follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link first alabamapower.com.
- Then, click on the three-parallel line from the left side of the page.
- From there, you need to select the Payment Locations option.
- Then, simply provide your address, city, or zip code on the given field.
- After that, you need to select the Search icon to find the nearest payment center.
Pay Alabama Power Bill by AutoPay:
- AutoPay allows the customers to pay your bill automatically from your checking account, debit card, or credit card. So, this way you will never miss a bill payment with Alabama Power. To use this service, you have to set up automatic payment. To set your AutoPay, you have to log in to your Alabama Power online account:
- Visit this link alabamapower.com.
- Click on the Login option on the homepage of the Alabama Power website.
- Then, on the provided field input your username and password.
- After providing your login credentials, you need to select the Login option.
- Then, look for the AutoPay set up to pay your bill.
Pay Alabama Power Bill by Mail:
You can pay your Alabama Power bill through the mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Alabama Power. Before sending the mail, make sure to include your account number on the personal check or money order. You need to send your payment stub to this address below:
Alabama Power Payments
P.O. Box 242
Birmingham, Alabama 35292
How the Penalty Fees Work
- These are the following fees that you will be charged with the Alabama Power bill:
- Late Payment Fees: You will be charged the late payment fees if you cannot make the payment by the due date. You have to pay 1.5% of the total due amount or a minimum of $2.
- Returned Check Fee: If your check is returned by the financial institute, then you will be charged the return check fees. You will be charged $20 per occurrence.
- Collection Charge: Per occurrence, you will be charged $10 for the collection charge.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- These are the following option available for the customers who cannot make the bill payment for Alabama Power.
- Payment Arrangement: Alabama Power offers the payment arrangement to the customers. For immediate assistance, you can contact at 1-800-835-2702.
- LIHEAP: In order to pay your Alabama Power bill, you can apply for federal assistance. You can visit the LIHEAP website for more information.
Alabama Power Contact Info
In case, you need to contact the Alabama Power customer service, then contact at:
Report an Outage
24 hours/ 7 days
M-F 7am-9pm CST
M-F 7 am-6 pm CST