About Kentucky Utilities
Kentucky Utilities is an electric utility company based in Kentucky. Within Kentucky, they serve electric services to 77 counties. This company also provides its services in Virginia as the Old Dominion Power. It was started in 1912 to serve the electric services in five areas of Kentucky. KU is the subsidiary of Louisville Gas & Electric.
How to Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill
You will get several options to make the payment of your Kentucky Utilities bill. You can choose to follow any payment option to make your payment.
Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill via Online Method:
- Make payment for the Kentucky Utilities bill through the online payment method. But before start making a payment, register your account first. If you already completed the registration process, then follow these steps:
- Simply go to this link my.lge-ku.com
- Then, on the provided field, input the email and password.
- After providing your log-in details, simply select the Sign In option.
- Then, follow the steps further to make payment for Kentucky Utilities.
Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill by AutoPay:
- You can make your bill payment through AutoPay. You don’t have to think about the monthly payment each month. Every month, your payment will be automatically deducted from your account. Simply, sign up for the AutoPay payment method first. To sign up for AutoPay, follow these steps:
- You need to go to this link my.lge-ku.com
- On the provided field, simply enter email or user ID and password.
- After entering your login details, select the Sign In option.
- Then, entering your account, you need to set up for AutoPay.
Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill by Phone:
Kentucky Utilities allows the customers to pay their electric bill via phone. Make the payment right from your credit or debit card. Customers of KU/ODP, call at 800-981-0600. The customers from LG&E, call at 502-589-1444 or 800-331-7370. For making payment through the phone, you will be charged a fee. The payment service over the phone is available 24/7.
Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill by Mail:
- To make the payment, you can mail your check or money order to Kentucky Utilities. You can make payment using the convenient return envelope. To avoid the late payment fees, we suggest you send the mail 7 days before the payment date. While sending your mail, make sure to include the Kentucky Utilities account number. Use this mail address to send your payment stub:
P.O. Box 25212
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5212
Louisville Gas and Electric Company
P.O. Box 25211
Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5211
Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill in Person:
- You can make payment for the Kentucky Utilities through authorized payment agents. You have to pay a fee for making payment through the authorized payment agents. To find out the nearest payment locations, visit this link www.checkfreepay.com/. The CheckFreePay retail payment agents are located throughout the grocery stores that remain open.
- You can also make payment at KU business office locations. These are the available office locations:
- Barlow: 137 S. Fourth St.(Location closing Nov. 13 at 4 p.m. and moving to Kevil, Ky.)
- Campbellsville: 109 W. Main St.
- Carrollton: 215 Eleventh St.
- Danville: 198 W. Broadway
- Earlington: 111 W. Main St.
- Eddyville: 219 W. Main St.
- Elizabethtown: 242 W. Dixie Ave.
- Georgetown: 205 W. Clinton St.
- Greenville: 380 Airport Rd.
- Harlan: 184 Bank Dr.
- Kevil: 101 Freedom Boulevard(New location opens Nov. 16)
- Lexington: One Quality Street
- London: 611 Myers Baker Road
- Maysville: 215 Wall St.
- Middlesboro: 2201 Cumberland Ave.
- Morehead: 138 N. Blair Ave.
- Morganfield: 2800 US Highway 60 East
- Sterling: 209 W. Locust St.
- Paris: 1445 S. Main St.
- Richmond: 200 E. Water St.
- Shelbyville: 1100 Main St.
- Somerset: 306 N. Main St.
- Versailles: 250 Crossfield Drive
- Winchester: 308 W. Lexington Ave.
- Norton, VA: 1000 Park Ave., NW
- Pennington Gap, VA: 42311 E. Morgan Ave.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- If you do not have any services within the past two years, you have to pay a security deposit. You will also be charged the late payment fees and meter charges. These are the following fees you have to pay:
- Security Deposit: You will be charged the security deposit from Kentucky Utilities. Your security deposit will be 2.5 times the expected annual fees. For the security deposit, you will be charged up to $135.
- Late Payment: If you cannot pay your utility bill within the due date, you will be charged the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 5% of the current amount of your bill.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you are having any program for paying your bill, Kentucky Utilities offers the information. They offer a payment arrangement for the customers. You can contact the customer service department before your service gets disconnected. They offer several payment assistance programs for the customers, which includes partial payment, budget payments, and auto payments. The customer service representative will also provide information about the community outreach centers:
- Advocate Center
- Salvation Army
- County Human Resources
- Community Action Kentucky
- County Social Services
- View Program
- County Crisis Relief
- Tri-County Community Action
- Family Services
Read More : How to Pay Your Dakota Electric Bill
Kentucky Utilities Contact Info
If your case you need any help with paying your Kentucky Utilities bill, contact the customer service department. The customer service department available at:
One Quality Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
24-hour automated services
Emergencies 24 hours 7 days a week