About Omaha Public Power District
OPPD or Omaha Public Power District is a public-owned electric service utility. They provide their services to over 855,000 customers within Omaha and surrounding counties of southeast Nebraska. This company was started in 1946 as a political subdivision. The headquarter of the OPPD is located within Omaha. They serve their electrical services at very lower costs.
How to Pay Omaha Public Power District Bill
Omaha Public Power District offers several payment options to pay your utility bill. You can choose to follow any payment method to make the payment for your electric bill. Follow these payment methods below, which is right for you.
Pay OPPD Bill via Online Method:
- Make payment for the Omaha Public Power District bill through the online payment method. But, before start making a payment, sign up for your account first. If you already completed the registration process, then follow these steps:
- Simply go to this link myaccount.oppd.com
- Then, on the provided field, input your login name and password.
- You can save your login name by checking the remember login name.
- After providing your log-in details, simply select the Login button.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your utility bill payment.
Pay OPPD Bill by AutoPay:
- With automatic payment, you can easily simplify your life. You can choose to pay your OPPD bill through AutoPay. Each month the payment will be deducted from your banking institute. To set up the automatic payment, follow these steps:
- You have to go visit this link myaccount.oppd.com
- Then, on the provided field, simply input the login name and password.
- After providing your log in details, select the Login button.
- After that, follow the steps further to make your utility bill payment.
Pay OPPD Bill by Phone:
- Omaha Public Power District allows the customers to pay the utility bill over the phone. Make the bill payment right from your credit or debit card. You can contact the payment service at 402-536-4131 or 1-877-536-4131. For making the payment over the phone follow the voice prompts.
Pay Omaha Public Power District Bill by Mail:
- Pay your OPPD bill through the traditional mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to OPPD. The mail payment method is slower than the other payment method. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your Omaha Public Power District account number to your check. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
Omaha Public Power District
PO Box 3995
Omaha, NE 68103-0995
Pay Omaha Public Power District Bill via MoneyGram:
- Payment can be done through MoneyGram locations. Throughout the OPPD’s service territory, include the CVS and Walmart stores, there are over 80 MoneyGram locations are located. These payment locations are accepting cash-only payments. To make your payment, you will need an OPPD account number. For quicker processing, you can use this receiving code 15412. To visit find out your nearest MoneyGram location, visit this link www.moneygram.com
Pay Omaha Public Power District in Person:
Make your Omaha Public Power District bill payment in person. By using cash, you can easily pay your utility bill. You can visit the service center location for your bill payment. You can visit this location, to make your utility bill payment:
444 S 16th St
Omaha, NE 68103
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- There are several fees that Omaha Public Power District charges. You have to pay late payment fees, reconnection fees, and returned check fees. In case, your service is disconnected, you have to pay the additional charges.
- Late Payment Fees: If you cannot make your utility bill payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. You have to pay 4% of the balance of your past due.
- Reconnection: During the service hours, the reconnection fees will be $55. After business hours, the charges will be $120.
- Returned Checks: If your payment check is returned by the bank due to any financial reason, you have to pay the returned check fee of $25.
Thinks to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- You will get several options for the customers who cannot pay their utility bill If you cannot make the payment for your bill, contact the customer service department. These are the following programs available:
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program.
- Call Center Campaign.
- Energy Assistance Program.
- Help Other, Support the EAP.
Read More : How to Pay Kentucky Utilities Bill
OPPD Contact Info
If you are having any problem paying your utility bill, contact the customer service department. The customer service representative will assist you with your problem.
Omaha Metro Area: 402-536-4131, Outside Omaha: 1-877-536-4131
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Elkhorn Customer Service: 402-536-4131
444 S 16th St. Mall, Omaha, NE 68102-2247